The Transition Process: Key to Continued Best Endocrine Care
If you attended the The Transition Process: Key to Continued Best Endocrine Care session held Friday, May 5, 2017 at the AACE Annual Meeting in Austin, TX, please proceed to attempt this assessment for ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credit. To begin, select the red 'Take Course' tab. You must be logged in to access the assessment.
- AACE Members: login with the same username/password used for the AACE website.
- Non-AACE Members: login using the non-member portal if you have an existing non-member account OR create an account if you are new to the AACE Education website.
Once logged in, you will be prompted to enter the access code you received onsite (found on page 7 of the Schedule-at-a-Glance). If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 2.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Only those who receive a passing score will be eligible for MOC credit. Please allow two weeks for MOC points to appear within your account on the ABIM website.
Participation information will be shared with the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
- Identify target population re: younger patients with T2DM risk
- Identify family and individual issues to address considering transition of care from family to young adult
- Be familiar with psychosocial and medical treatment options to consider for adolescents and young adults with T2DM
- Understand definition of SGA and become familiar with growth of patients with SGA
- Get to know the role of growth hormone in managing SGA
- Become aware of the adult consequences of being born SGA
- Understand the psychological and sociomotional needs of transgender youth
- Understand the differences between pediatric and adult transgender health care
- Learn tools to facilitate transition of pediatric to adult care for transgender youth
- Recognize the cancer treatments associated with risk for late-occurring endocrine disorders
- Estimate an individual survivors risk for specific endocrine disorders
- Evaluate at risk survivors for potential late-occurring endocrine disorders
Stuart Brink, MD; Robert Rapaport, MD; Ximena Lopez, MD; Charles Sklar, MD
- 2.75 MOC