American College of Endocrinology Self-Assessment Program (ASAP 2018)
The ASAP online self-assessment tool provides learners with case-based questions and answers designed to challenge clinical thought processes in recall, interpretation, and problem-solving skills in the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and management of endocrine diseases.
ASAP features patient cases with case histories, images, lab results and other pertinent information. After completing each topic-based question set, participants are presented with rationales and references for further learning.
Use ASAP to study for board exams and recertification preparation or to challenge and refresh your core knowledge in the following topics:
- Disorders of the Adrenal Gland - 15.0 credit hours
- Diabetes Mellitus - 12.0 credit hours
- Hypertension - 4.0 credit hours
- Hypoglycemic Disorders - 4.0 credit hours
- Disorders of the Pituitary Gland - 7.0 credit hours
- Reproductive Endocrinology Disorders - 8.0 credit hours
- Disorders of the Thyroid Gland - 14.0 credit hours
- Serum Lipid Disorders - 8.0 credit hours
- Nutrition Disorders and Management - 5.0 credit hours
- Parathyroid and Bone Mineral Disorders - 7.0 credit hours
- Pediatric Endocrinology Disorders - 16.0 credit hours
ASAP also helps meet your CME/MOC needs – earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as you work through the case-based questions!
Clinical Endocrinologists and Endocrine Fellows-in-Training
After participating in ASAP, participants should be better able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of endocrine diseases
- Recognize the relationship between pathophysiology and approach to evaluation, diagnosis, and management
- Apply updated information to the diagnosis and management of endocrine diseases
- Compare and contrast current and new therapeutic options for endocrine diseases
- Improve competence in the diagnosis and management of patients with endocrine diseases
The mission of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) includes improving the care of patients with endocrine disorders through identification and promotion of best clinical practices and continuing medical education (CME). As part of AACE’s commitment to CME, AACE in conjunction with the American College of Endocrinology (ACE) has established a variety of educational instruments and programs for its membership including the journal, Endocrine Practice, and the ACE Self-Assessment Program (ASAP).
Learner Bill of Rights
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) recognizes that you are a life-long learner who has chosen to engage in continuing medical education to identify or fill a gap in knowledge, skill or performance. As part of AACE’s duty to you as a learner, you have the right to expect that your continuing medical education experience with AACE includes:
- Promotes improvements or quality in healthcare;
- Is valid, reliable and accurate;
- Offers balanced presentations that are free of commercial bias for or against a product/service;
- Is vetted through a process that resolves any conflicts of interests of planners, teachers or authors;
- Is driven and based on learning needs, not commercial interests;
- Addresses the stated objectives or purpose; and
- Is evaluated for its effectiveness in meeting the identified educational need.
A LEARNING ENVIRONMENT that:
- Supports learners’ ability to meet their individual needs;
- Respects and attends to any special needs of the learners;
- Respects the diversity of groups of learners; and
- Is free of promotional, commercial and/or sales activities.
- Relevant financial relationships planners, teachers and authors have with commercial interests related to the content of the activity; and
- Commercial support (funding or in-kind resources) of the activity.
Date of original release: May 2001, April 2005 (syllabus format), 2008 (first online version)
For questions regarding this CME activity, please contact the AACE CME Department through the 'Contact Us' webform or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2018, AACE. All rights reserved. No part of this enduring material may be reproduced or transmitted in any other form or by any other means, electronic or mechanical, without first obtaining written permission from AACE.
- 100.00 AMA
- 100.00 Attendance